You may have baseball questions come up as you watch or play the game. We have compiled a list of baseball FAQs and provided you with the answers.
If you don’t find the answer to your baseball FAQs, post them in the comments and we will be sure to answer.
Become a Better Player or Coach
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Baseball Pitching Mechanics
- The Correct Fastpitch Pitching Mechanics For Softball
- Baseball Pitch Grips and How to Throw Each Pitch
- The Fundamentals of Baseball Hitting Mechanics
- How to Hold a Baseball Bat | Proper Bat Grip
- The Best Hitting Training Aids
Game Play Rules
- Baseball Positions by Number
- The Beginner’s Guide to Keeping Score of a Baseball Game
- What Is a Balk in Baseball?
- What Is Pine Tar and How Is It Used In Baseball?
- How Do I Set Up a Double Elimination Bracket?
Common Baseball Terms
- Top 100 Baseball Terms and Stat Acronyms
- What Is ERA in Baseball?
- What Is a Walk-Off Home Run?
- What Is a Five-Tool Baseball Player?
- How Many Stitches Are on a Baseball?
- How Long Is a Baseball Game?
- What Type of Wood Are MLB Bats Made Of?
- How Is a Wood Baseball Bat Made?
- What Baseball Gear Do I Need to Buy?
- What Gear Do Coaches Need?
- How to Wash a Baseball Hat
- Best Baseball Movies of All Time
Why Is Baseball the Best Sport?
Baseball is America’s pastime for a reason. It is loaded with a great history. These are the top 11 reasons that baseball is the greatest sport in the world:
- Baseball is superior to every other sport because the game doesn’t end until there are 27 outs. There is no taking a knee or holding the ball for 24 seconds at a time. Pitchers have to keep pitching the ball over the plate, fielders cannot make errors, and hitters always have a chance to win the game.
- Legends never die. The all-time greats, such as Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle forever live in baseball lore. The history of the game stands the test of time. Terence Mann’s speech in Field of Dreams (one of the best baseball movies of all time) speaks to how baseball has been intertwined with the history of our nation. Watch Ken Burns Baseball documentary to get a true sense of the history of our National Pastime.
- People who play baseball are loaded with superstitions, such as not purposely step on the foul line or have repetitive pre-game or batter box routines. You must also always wear the same socks after a great game.
- “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” being sung-along by the crowd during the seventh-inning stretch of every single professional game is a tradition unseen in any other sport.
- Dimensions differ from field-to-field which makes the gameday experience different every single time and gives true home-field advantage.
- The sounds and smells of baseball on a summer day are unmatched by any other sport. Playing outdoors, smelling the fresh-mowed grass, hearing the pop of ball meeting glove or bat meeting ball. Nothing beats it.
- Opening Day is a tradition that should be a national holiday. Every baseball fan in America can feel the buzz and excitement of another summer of baseball getting underway.
- Fans who go to games are instantly a part of the action when it comes to foul balls. Going to a game, knowing you can get a souvenir, makes this sport the greatest ever.
- Home runs. Bat flips. Walk-offs. Chicks dig the long ball. Pimping your feats is the greatest part of this sport, unwritten rules be damned.
- There is no sexier defense in any other sport than web gems. Watching a third baseman snag a groundball down the line and making the long throw across the diamond to get the out. Seeing an outfielder scaling a fence to rob a homer. Getting two outs for the price of one with a double play. This sport is pure beauty.
- Loyalty. Baseball is a lifetime sport. You don’t turn it on once a week to watch a game. You come back every day and even turn it on your TV for background noise. There are no bandwagons. It is a summer ritual to go to the ballpark and enjoy a hot dog, some peanuts and a beer on a nice summer’s night. The feeling you get when you’re in the stadium is the greatest you will feel in a long time.