The Top Tap and Go Pitching Drill is great for building balance through the leg lift.
The player will get into ready position.
- The back leg should be firmly planted on the ground. The player is going to stand on one leg putting their weight on the back leg.
- Bring the front leg up.
- Bring the front leg down, tapping it across the planted foot.
- Again, while balancing bring the front leg up but this time bring it down and tap it in front of the planted foot.
- After the second tap down, throw the ball.
- Follow through with the pitch to complete the drill.
The is a controlled move that does not require more than 50% throwing ability to perform. The player should remain balanced throughout the move.