To help you navigate how each double-elimination bracket works we have broken down each one for better understanding.
8 Team Double Elimination Bracket
- Game one is played between Team 1 and Team 2.
- Game two is played between Team 3 and Team 4.
- Game three is played between Team 5 and Team 6.
- Game four is played between Team 7 and Team 8.
- The winners of games one and two will play each other in game five.
- The winners of games three and four will play each other in game six.
- The next two games will begin double eliminating some teams from the tournament. Game seven is between the losers of games one and two.
- Game eight is between the losers of games three and four.
- Game nine pits the winner of game seven against the loser of game six.
- Game ten pits the winner of game eight against the loser of game five.
- Game elven will be played between the two teams that still remain undefeated.
- For game twelve, the two winners from games nine and ten will play one another.
- Game thirteen consists of the winner of game twelve playing the loser from game eleven. The winner of this game will go onto the championship round.
- To begin the championship round, the remaining undefeated team will play the winner of game thirteen. If the currently undefeated team loses, the two teams play another game to determine the ultimate winner. Otherwise, the currently undefeated team will have won the double-elimination tournament.