To help you navigate how each double-elimination bracket works we have broken down each one for better understanding.
5 Team Double Elimination Bracket
- For game one, Team 1 and Team 2 will play each other. The loser will be the first to enter the losers’ bracket.
- Game two is played between Team 3 and Team 4. The loser of this game will be the next to enter the losers’ bracket.
- Team 5 and the winner from game one play one another in game three.
- Game four is the first game played from the losers’ bracket. The losers from the first two games will play one another. The loser of this game will have suffered double losses and is eliminated from the tournament.
- Game five is played between the two currently undefeated teams: the winners from games two and three.
- The sixth game is a battle between the winner of game four and the loser of game three.
- In game seven, the losers’ bracket will determine which team will go on to play the currently undefeated team in the championship. The winner from game six and the loser from game five will play.
- The next game is played between the winner of game five and the winner of game seven. If the currently undefeated team wins, they are crowned the champion. However, if that team loses, the two teams play an additional game to determine the ultimate winner.
Sign up to get a printable PDF version of this bracket.