The Third Base Coach Signal Drill teaches players how to properly read the third base coach.
Players should line up at second base. The coach should be in the third base coach’s box.
- This drill can piggyback or run alongside the Gapper Baserunning Drill.
- On the coach’s signal, players will begin advancing to and rounding third base.
- The coach is going to signal and tell the player to go home or stay at third.
- Players should read and react to the signals the coach is giving.
- This allows players the opportunity to learn and practice different coach’s signals during practice.
- The coach should switch up the plays called so that players are forced to stay alert and pay attention.