The Focal Point Method for BP is designed to help players increase their accuracy.
Just before the batter steps into the box, they should pick a faraway point as their focal point. For this example, we will use the right-field foul pole, which is a good focus point for righties.
- The player will get the signal from their third-base coach.
- The player should hold the bat out in front of them with the label facing them.
- Take a deep breath while staring at the bat label.
- Quickly glance at the focus point i.e. the right foul pole then back to the bat label. Repeat this step once more and step into the box.
- This simple move will help hone the player’s focus.