The Separation Drill is great for building momentum and power through a swing.
This drill can be done with or without a tee. The point is to feel each individual movement of the swing.
- The player is going to focus on creating separation through the body.
- Pull back into the load.
- Stride forward and plant the front foot at a 45-degree angle.
- Begin the hip fire and pull the upper body back.
- The player should feel a good stretch down the front side when they pull back.
- Imagine that the body is a rubber band being pulled or spring being coiled. The body should be building up kinetic energy with this move.